We offer IRAs that meet your needs! Brotherhood Credit Union offers IRA products that will help make your retirement dreams come true.
- $500 minimum for 30 months and $2,000 for 6 months is required for the Traditional IRA.
- No monthly fees.
- Contributions may be made in “lump sums”.
- Dividends are paid monthly.
- For Current IRA Share Certificate rates, check out our rate board.
A Traditional IRA is an account that allows you to defer taxes on your earnings until they are withdrawn. Also, certain contributions may be tax deductible in the year they are made.
The Roth IRA is an account that features tax-free withdrawals for certain distribution reasons after a five-year holding period. Since Roth IRA contributions are nondeductible in the year they are earned, members who expect to be in a higher tax bracket when they retire may benefit more from a Roth IRA than from a traditional IRA. Unlike the Traditional IRA, there is no requirement to begin taking distributions at age 70 ½.
Consult your tax advisor for further information.
IRA Share Certificates
Earn higher dividends with an IRA Share Certificate. IRA Share Certificates are available with a minimum deposit of $500. Higher yields are available for larger deposits and longer terms.
*IRA Share Certificates subject to Brotherhood CU penalties upon early withdrawal. Please see Brotherhood CU Truth in Savings Disclosure for details.
How to Become a Member and Open Your IRA Account – It’s Quick and It’s Easy
- Fill Out Our On-Line Member Application.
- Come By One of Our Convenient Locations with Identification and Sign the Signature Card
- Make Your Initial Deposit of $500 or $2,000.